Thursday, March 28, 2013

Posting Preview: My Planet, My Portal, My Parents

The trigger to starting this blog was simply the idea (and its necessary manifestation in my life) of Supermom.  

Throughout this past week I have been having fun with the Superman/Supermom analogy!  Using the 1978 film "Superman: The Movie" as a platform I will be posting some ideas about my marriage (like Krypton), its implosion (it collapsed but not before Jer-el took responsibility of sentencing the three villains), my transition into this life of single motherhood (how did Superman survive his lonely growth from an infant to a wiley, smiley four year old?) and more.  

I've been able to gather that there is good drama in my breakup story.  And I'm excited to use a classic story and character to help guide my readers' understanding of my truth.  However, like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings (and REAL life), there are a lot of deeper things going on within our much-advanced-since-1978 television screens.  

So, stay tuned... (yes - pun intended!)

No comments:

Post a Comment