Saturday, March 23, 2013

Why this title?

I needed to reconsider the "SuperMom" label shortly after returning to work following the birth of my fourth child.  I had a new son, a new job, and most importantly, a new lifestyle as a single parent of the four young children that my recently-departed husband and I had chosen to have together.  While our time together as Husband and Wife was over, the full responsibility of parenting - nurturing, providing for, teaching and protecting - my kids had just begun.  Being SuperMom HAD to be possible because I had to be SuperMom.  By believing in SuperMom I'm believing in myself.

I'm the only mother my sweet kids have known and whether I want them to or not, they believe in me.  I'm committed to my children.  When I was still together with their father, my energy of commitment was poured into the marriage, like money being poured down the drain.  My marriage is dead, I've grieved for it with a small lake of tears, and now I am focusing on the days ahead which will require TONS more energy!  My oldest child turned 6 in January, her oldest brother is 4 1/2, his younger brother is 21 months old and our newest little guy is 3 months old.  My kids remind me frequently that Tina (our chihuahua), is part of our family too! My children are my commitment and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Some topics I will be blogging about include, the origin story of this particular SuperMom (yours truly), my kryptonite (in its various manifestations), my home away from home (where I can retreat to and recharge) and - of course - how I juggle succeeding at my day job, and keeping up with laundry, dishes and dirty diapers (notice I didn't include "succeeding" before these last items).  Outside of cyberspace, I am an honest and down-to-earth individual.  I presume at this point that my posts will convey at least that much!

Signing off at 11:38pm on a Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment